Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE– Factory Reset may help with the frozen screen, app crashing, touchscreen problems, or device unable to sync. In this article, we will learn how to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S7.
Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE
Before we jump into how to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE, there are certain things to know. This process always comes with a word of CAUTION. Factory reset will erase all the data, including Contacts, Messages, Photos, Videos, Account Information, and Internal Storage of your smartphone. I highly recommend to backup the whole device first.
Let’s go ahead and factory reset Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE in the right way.
FACTORY RESET PROTECTION (FRP)
You must disable FRP before resetting your smartphone. If you want to sell your smartphone, then you should disable FRP. Because, if you do not do this, the next person will see the message below on the screen:
“This device was reset. Sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device.”
You will not give your account details to others to unlock the device. It is not ideal to do so.
How To Disable FRP
- Go to Settings > Lock Screen and Security and remove all passwords, patterns, or PINs. You must remove everything under Screen Lock.
- Go to Settings > Cloud and Account > Account and tap on Google. Now, tap on the menu button at the top right corner and select Remove account.
- Once you remove all your Google account, you can do the reset process to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE.
Now you are ready to reset your device. Remember that it will completely wipe your entire smartphone.
There are two kinds of resets. You can either do it from Settings menu or by using the hardware keys to enter Recovery Mode and do the factory reset. Lets’s see the easy way first.
HOW TO FACTORY RESET FROM THE SETTINGS
- Go to Settings
- Find Backup and Reset
- Go to Factory Data Reset
- Tap on Reset Device button
- To confirm, it will ask you for your password, PIN, or pattern.
- Now choose Delete All
Your device will reboot and wipe everything.
HOW TO FACTORY RESET VIA RECOVERY MODE
Sometime you may face such an issue where your S7 does not start properly. Maybe after doing an update or some other software bugs that prevent your S7 / S7 EDGE from booting up or make the device boot loop.
In this case, you can perform a hard reset using the Android Recovery Mode.
So, let’s begin, shall we?
- Turn off your Galaxy S7
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Home button simultaneously.
- Keep holding down the Power, Volume Up, and Home button until you see Recovery Booting at the top of your screen (In Exynos S7, a dancing Android robot will appear) when you see that, then you can free the buttons.
- Now please wait for a moment while it boots into Recovery Mode. Once you’re in Recovery Mode, you will see a list of options.
- Go to wipe data/factory reset option by using the Volume Down button.
- Push the Power button to select this option
- Now, press the Volume Down button to select Yes and confirm it.
Now, you are ready to go.
If this article helps you, please consider sharing. You may help somebody else who want to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE. If you have any suggestions, feedback or opinions over this topic “How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE?”, please feel free to speak with us in the comments below, we would love to hear from you.
(Note: We tested these methods but if anything goes wrong or you brick your phone, don’t blame me. I won’t be responsible for any faulty activities. So, do it with your responsibility.)