Factory Reset Samsung S7 / S7 EDGE– Factory Reset may help with the frozen screen, app crashing, touchscreen problems, or device unable to sync. As you are reading this article, this means you are having trouble with your Samsung Galaxy S7.
In this article, we will learn how to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge in some easy ways. If you are looking for how to factory reset Samsung galaxy s7 from a computer, it’s the best alternative.
Before going to the main process, first, we need to know about some basic concepts related to factory reset. We will discuss the basics first and then proceed to the main steps.
Things To Do First
Before we jump into how to Factory Reset Samsung S7 / S7 EDGE, there are certain things to know. This process always comes with a word of CAUTION. Factory reset will erase all the data, including Contacts, Messages, Photos, Videos, Account Information, and Internal Storage of your Samsung Galaxy S7. I highly recommend to backup the whole device first.
If you don’t know how to backup your mobile then you may check google or youtube, you will find many ways for backing up your device. And its important to backup your device before you go to factory reset galaxy s7 without google account or with google account.
Before go to the factory reset process first you need to turn off the FRP.
Disable Factory Reset Protection (FRP)
You must disable FRP before you Factory Reset Samsung S7 / S7 Edge. If you want to sell your smartphone, then you should disable FRP. Because, if you do not do this, the next person will see the message below on the screen:
“This device was reset. Sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device.”
You will not give your account details to others to unlock the device. It is not ideal to do so.
How To Disable FRP?
- Go to Settings > Lock Screen and Security and remove all passwords, patterns, or PINs. You must remove everything under Screen Lock.
- Go to Settings > Cloud and Account > Account and tap on Google. Now, tap on the menu button at the top right corner and select Remove account.
- Once you remove all your Google account, you can do the reset process to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE.
Now you are ready to reset your device. Remember that it will completely wipe your entire smartphone.
Factory Reset Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge
There are two ways to reset your Samsung Galaxy s7 /s7 edge. You can either do it from the Settings menu or by using the hardware keys to enter Recovery Mode and do the factory reset galaxy s7 /s7 edge.
- Factory Reset Samsung s7 / s7 edge from settings
- Factory Reset Galaxy s7 / s7 edge via the recovery mode
Let’s see the easy way first.
1. Factory Reset Samsung S7 / S7 EDGE From Settings
This is the easy and quick way to factory reset Samsung S7 or factory reset Galaxy S7 EDGE. Just follow the instruction you will get the job done. A reboot will be necessary for resetting your device, so just wait before the reboot has done.
- First, go to Settings,
- Then find Backup and Reset,
- Go to Factory Data Reset,
- Tap on Reset Device button,
- To confirm, it will ask you for your password, PIN, or pattern.
- Now choose Delete All.
Your device will reboot and wipe everything. After this, you will get your device fully fresh and clean just like a brand new device. All of your lag issues and other normal errors should be resolved by this reset.
2. Factory Reset Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE Via Recovery Mode?
Sometime you may face such an issue where your S7 does not start properly. Maybe after doing an update or some other software bugs that prevent your S7 / S7 EDGE from booting up or make the device boot loop.
In this case, you can perform a factory reset galaxy S7 using the Android Recovery Mode.
So, let’s begin…
- First of all turn off your Galaxy S7,
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Home button simultaneously.
- Keep holding down the Power, Volume Up, and Home button until you see Recovery Booting at the top of your screen (In Exynos S7, a dancing Android robot will appear) when you see that, then you can free the buttons.
- Now please wait for a moment while it boots into Recovery Mode. Once you’re in Recovery Mode, you will see a list of options.
- Go to wipe data/factory reset option by using the Volume Down button.
- Push the Power button to select this option
- Now, press the Volume Down button to select Yes and confirm it.
Then your device will be rebooted. The first boot will take some times, it will set all the system files and other settings like a brand new device. Now, you are ready to go.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 From Computer:
If you are searching for “how to factory reset Samsung galaxy s7 from computer” then you can follow the instruction. It is also easy and just 5 minutes’ work to do.
- First of all, log in to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager from your computer web browser. You need to use the same Google account as you used to sign in to your phone.
- After login, you will see the device list in the upper left corner. Select the exact device from the drop-down menu.
- You will find the “Erase” option and then click on Erase.
- On the Erase all data prompt, there you need to click Erase.
If this article helps you, please consider sharing. You may help somebody else who wants to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE or who are searching “how to factory reset Samsung galaxy s7 from computer”. If you have any suggestions, feedback or opinions over this topic “How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 EDGE?”, please feel free to speak with us in the comments below, we would love to hear from you.